Alfredo Sauce

I've tried quite a few Alfredo Sauce Recipes and I made one last night that was so good, and everyone in my family ate and loved.  I decided I had to share it.  I found it at TheRecipeCritic but modified it just a little because I prefer it not to be quite so thick.  Here it is.

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • ½ teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (or less to taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese


Instructions

  1. In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, milk, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.  
  2. Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
  3. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Don't forget to simmer, it helps blend the flavors together and soften the cheese.  Serve with pasta. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish

Canned Salsa

Spaghetti Sauce