Quick Prep Lasagna


If you haven't noticed, I really like to make simple, easy, Italian food. This lasagna is super easy and my kids love it. I usually make two 8 x 8 pans of it, one for that day and then I stick one in the freezer for later in the month.

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (if I don't have an onion I just sprinkle the meat with some onion powder, to taste)
1/8 tsp garlic salt (I usually use chopped garlic that I buy in bulk, but we really like garlic)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 pkg. noodles
2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I just use the kind from the can)
1 T. parsley
3 cups mozz. cheese

Brown meat in skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook and add spaghetti sauce and water. In 9 x 13 baking dish place 1/3 sauce mixture on bottom, noodles next (uncooked) and half of cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Finish with last third of sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour. Uncover and let stand for 10 minutes.

*note: when I make this I usually don't measure anything but the water and it turns out great. I buy a big 5 lb bag of cheese from Costco and just sprinkle what looks good, and I add onion and garlic to my families liking.Also, if you split the recipe to freeze half make sure to thaw the lasagna for a couple hours so that the water melts in order to cook the noodles all the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish

Spaghetti Sauce

Canned Salsa