Lemon Garlic Tilapia

When I was making the tilapia recipe of Bethany's, I bought 4 pounds of tilapia.  In an effort to change things up and use all of our tilapia, I went in search of another recipe.  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, but I have modified it quite a bit.  We had this last night and it was sooooo good.  I guess anything will taste pretty good if you put that much butter and garlic on it, but I'm okay with that.  The original recipe called for tilapia, but I think I will also try it with salmon.  It would probably work with any kind of fish.

4 Tilapia Fillets
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp of dried parsley
salt
pepper
1/2 Tbs butter
1/2 cup crushed corn flakes

1. In a saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic for about 5 minutes over medium heat.  Turn off heat and add lemon juice and parsley.
2. Place fish fillets in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle sauce over fish. 
3. Melt 1/2 Tbs butter and mix in corn flakes until coated; add to top of each fillet. 
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until fish flakes when pulled at with a fork.  (You might need to cook it longer if you have a thicker fillet like salmon, but 10 minutes was perfect for the thin tilapia.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish

Spaghetti Sauce

Canned Salsa